Combining class, finish and aesthetics, slip-resistant OmniGrip Re-Surface (formerly OmniGrip Deco) provides a unique, decorative, bonded recycled aggregate surface for renewing aged concrete and asphalt, or a decorative coating for new concrete in landscape architecture, urban design and placemaking projects.
Reduce waste to landfill by resurfacing your aged surfaces; improve slip resistance, increase solar reflectance and reduce your maintenance and construction costs. Recycled-glass and natural aggregate options available.
WHAT IS IT?
Formerly known as OmniGrip Deco, OmniGrip Re-Surface is a recycled-surfacing option that transforms public spaces. Available in a diverse range of natural or synthetic colours and textures OmniGrip Re-Surface is ideally suited for architectural design, landscaping, urban design and placemaking, and retains embodied carbon in existing concrete and asphalt services.
- Recyled & Natural Aggregates
- Durable & Hard Wearing
- Improves Slip Resistance
- Adheres to Old & New Asphalt, Concrete & Other Hard Surfaces.
OmniGrip Re-Surface colours Australian-sourced glass for use as a decorative aggregate. The glass colouring process maximises its colour retention so that it lasts much longer than competing cold-applied plastic (CAP) “paint” products, providing good colour and slip resistance for longer to reduce your lifecycle costs. Alternatively, natural Australian aggregates can be used.
With combinations of natural and synthetic coloured finishes, bold designs can be created that are only limited by the designer’s imagination. Make a statement, turning a drab under-used space into an eye catching design with vibrant colours, or use natural tones or natural finishes to create a more subtly designed calming space. Give tired and drab concrete and asphalts a facelift with a new exposed aggregate finish.
For projects requiring good solar-reflectivity, OmniGrip Direct can test your chosen colour and texture to ensure you create an inviting and cool place for people to enjoy. With better texture and slip-resistance in wet and dry conditions, OmniGrip Re-Surface is a safer choice for public spaces than the smooth paint and emulsion compounds used to increase solar-reflectivity.
Help your community and organisation reduce waste and be more sustainable by using OmniGrip Re-Surface with coloured synthetic recycled-glass aggregate.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
OmniGrip Re-Surface (formerly OmniGrip Deco) is a thin coating of resin binder with a coloured recycled-glass or natural aggregate. Designers can choose the colour and texture for their project. The coating is applied to:
- existing aged concretes and asphalts
- new concretes and asphalts, post-curing.
Using OmniGrip Re-Surface removes the need to replace old concrete and asphalt, reducing licensed waste disposal fees and disruption for the local community while old pavements are removed and new pavement laid. OmniGrip Re-Surface can be laid in a few hours; for example overnight so that an area is available to the public the next day.
OmniGrip Re-Surface can also be applied to a range of steel, stone and timber finishes – speak to our team to discuss how we can help you.
Aged surfaces must be in good repair before OmniGrip Re-Surface is applied – if in doubt, speak to our team about your options. OmniGrip Re-Surface is a thin surface coating that does not fix structural failures and cracking.
- Sidewalk & Alfresco Dining
- Streetscape Redevelopments
- Placemaking in Public Parks, Squares, Plazas & Laneways
- Pedestrian & Shopping Centre Precincts
- Stadium Concourses
- Residential Development Schemes
- Shared Pathways, Walkways and Laneways
- Bridge Decks
- Elevated Walkways and Boardwalks
- Ferry Terminals, Wharves, Jetties, Piers
- Heritage Areas
- Car Parks
- Blacksmiths Way, Belgrave
- Optus Stadium, Perth
- AAMI Park, Melbourne
- Go Between Bridge, Brisbane
- Overseas Passenger Terminal, Circular Quay
- Corner Post, Eden Park Stadium, Sandringham, Auckland
- Metagarup Bridge, Burswood, Perth
- Camberwell Fresh Food Market, Melbourne
- Luna Park, St Kilda, Melbourne
- Darling Park, Darling Harbour, Sydney
- Fawkner Park, South Yarra, Melbourne
- Rosella Street shops, Doncaster East, Melbourne
- Showgrounds Village, Flemington, Melbourne
- Chadstone Bus Interchange, Chadstone, Melbourne
- Victoria Street Mall, Coburg, Melbourne
- Burswood Public Jetty Surfacing, Perth
- Mayflower Aged Care, Reservoir
GRANT FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
Applications of OmniGrip Re-Surface can meet eligibility criteria for Local, State and Federal Grants. This includes grants for Local Roads, Community Infrastructure and Recycling such as those provided by: