OMNIGRIP HF is a high friction surface treatment (HFST) which is a veneer overlay applied to asphalt and / or concrete roads and highways to improve surface friction and resulting in decreased braking distances and threshold impact speeds in emergency situations.
How it works
Comprised of a thermosetting cross linking modified compound which exhibits plastoelastic properties the OMNIGRIP HF system is engineered to hold a high PSV aggregate, such as calcined bauxite, permanently in position so that it doesn’t become embedded or displaced under the heaviest of braking ensuring consistently high skid resistance and reduced braking distances over the design life of the system.
Upon curing the OMNIGRIP HF system is resistant to all road contaminates including oil, petrol and de-icing salts with excellent adhesion to asphalt and concrete surfaces.
Road Safety Benefits
- Whole of Life Skid Resistance
- Sideways Co-efficient of Friction Levels > 0.85
- Increased Surface Texture
- Up to 33% Reduction in Vehicle Braking Distances
- Reduced Threshold Braking Speeds
- Accident Reduction
- Proven 12 years plus design life
- School & Pedestrian Crossings
- Intersections & Roundabouts
- Tight Radius Corners and Slip Lanes
- Steep Inclines / Declines
- Black Spot Locations