OMNIGRIP CST is a durable, skid-resistant coloured surface treatment system. It comprises thermosetting cross linking resin compound with specialist coloured recycled-glass or natural aggregates and can be used on roads, highways, bridge surfaces and paths.
OmniGrip CST is widely used for green bicycle lanes, red bus lanes and yellow pedestrian crossings, where safety is important and vulnerable road users like riders and pedestrians benefit from the durability of its colour and skid-resistance.
In buildings and landscaping, OmniGrip CST is a durable and slip resistant coloured surfacing that can be applied to lanes, paths, courtyards, plazas and open spaces.
How it works
Installed using the unique Synthite recycled glass aggregate the OmniGrip CST surfacing system is comprised of 75% recycled content. This combined with the resin binding system not containing solvent and minimal Volatile Organic Content (VOC) reinforces our commitment to the ISO 14001 Environmental Standard.
OmniGrip CST is specifically designed to provide a unique depth and performance balancing continued colour retention and skid resistance for the design life of the product, ensuring visibly safer colour delineation whilst maintaining high skid resistance in both wet and dry conditions.
OmniGrip CST is available in a wide range of colours using coloured Australian recycled-glass or natural aggregates.
Contractors tendering for Major Transport Infrastructure Projects in Victoria should note that OmniGrip CST’s recycled content contributes to Victoria’s ‘Recycled First’ policy. The policy applies to the Major Road Projects Authority, Level Crossing Removal Project, Metro Tunnel Project, West Gate Tunnel Project, North East Link Project and Regional Rail Revival Project.
SPECIAL safety APPLICATIONS
BICYCLE LANES AND PATHS
OmniGrip CST is a proven coloured surface treatment for bicycle lanes, particularly through conflict zones where the paths of motor vehicles cross bicycle lanes. OmniGrip CST’s texture and colour are typically more durable than that of paint-based products, with an expected life of 5-8 years (depending on traffic). OmniGrip CST exceeds the performance requirements of VicRoads Specification 431.
OmniGrip CST is Cycling Victoria‘s preferred surface treatment for bicycle lanes. Craig Eastwood, General Manager – Cycling Victoria, said;
“Cycling Victoria endorses the use of OmniGrip’s green coloured epoxy resin surface treatment for bicycle lanes in Victoria, and opposes the continued use of green paint as a satisfactory surface treatment.”
OmniGrip CST can be used to replace white and coloured pavement markings, including rumble bars, perceptual linemarking and lane arrows. With higher skid-resistance from its durable texture, it should be considered on popular motorcycling routes where riders are vulnerable to a loss of friction between the tyre and road surface. It can be used in conjunction with OmniGrip HF, our High Friction Surface Treatment.
“it should be considered for use on popular motorcycle routes where a loss of friction between the motorcycle tyre and road surface or painted areas/lines can result in a crash.”
For pedestrian only areas and decorative or landscaping applications, consider OmniGrip Deco. OmniGrip Deco is idea for plazas, courtyards, strip shopping centres, malls and landscaping, in natural or decorative colours and patterns.
- Bus Lanes
- Bicycle Lanes, Bicycle Paths
- Shared Paths
- Transit Lanes
- Taxi Lanes
- Courtyards and Plazas
- Threshold Treatments
- Local Area Traffic Management
- School and Pedestrian Crossings
- Taxi & Bus Parking Delineation
- Rumble Bars
- Speed Table Tops
- School Playgrounds
- Coloured Surfacing
- William Street bicycle lanes, City of Melbourne
- Linlithgow Avenue bicycle lanes, City of Melbourne
- Eastern Freeway bus lanes, Melbourne
- Jackson Street, St Kilda (‘Rainbow Road‘ – it’s not paint!)
- Bentleigh Station laneway, City of Glen Eira
- St Kevin’s car park
- Manningham City Council school crossings
- Gold Coast City Council bicycle lanes
- Bus Lanes, Sydney
Grant Funding Opportunities
Applications of OmniGrip CST can meet eligibility criteria for State and Federal Grants. This includes the Australian Government’s COVID-19 Local Government stimulus grant scheme, the Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program and the Victorian Sustainable Infrastructure Fund.
- Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
- Federal Blackspot Programme
- NSW Streets as Shared Spaces Grants
- Victorian TAC Local Government Grants
- Victorian Public Safety Infrastructure Fund
- Victorian Sustainable Infrastructure Fund
- Victorian Neighbourhood Activity Centre Renewal Fund
- Calls for less slippery paints on roads, in Motorbike Writer, 12th March 2020
- Riders auditing roads for motorcycle safety, in Motorbike Writer, 18th March 2020
- Victorian Department of Transport (VicRoads) Specification 431
- New South Wales (RMS) Coloured Surface Coatings for Bus Lanes and Cycleways QA Specification R110
Disclosure: OmniGrip Direct is a sponsor of Cycling Victoria. Details here.